Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Best of Books Bloghop. Non-Fiction Books I have read in 2013

A review of this year's reading.
This year was extremely busy, reading wise. According to my Goodreads list I have read 284 books in total. No wonder I am tired **smile**, but not tired enough to stop, nope not me.
This post is just about the non-fiction and inspiring stories I have read, which was not a lot mind you, but still they are books to remember.

The first book I really can recommend - well I can recommend all of the books I have read **smile** - was this wonderful bundle from the authors of Masterkoda. A group of people that does what they say, support. Support is one of the most fundamental things an author can have, in a very competitive world of books. No man is an island is a cliche but in the world of books this is very true about authors. Without it we will fail connecting with readers, in marketing and networking and just the general idea of support. Especially Indie authors find this true on a regular basis.  So, if you are an Indie author in desperate need to connect with other authors connect with them, become part of the group and you will experience the same as me.

Click on the link to like my review and go ahead and buy your copy. It is only 99 cents. 
A bargain for what you receive in inspiring words. 

_________________________________________________________________

The next book I have read but will only future on Jan 6, 2014 on my blog is 
From the Abyss. Currently number two in the Fatherhood genre on Amazon.
Be sure to come back on that date, when I will have an Interview with the author John Emil Augustine.
(He is also part of Masterkoda) **wink-wink**

My review can be read on Amazon, and go ahead buy his book, which is only 99 cents and read about his story, you will not be disappointed.

_______________________________________________________________

Choosing the road less Traveled is a story that will touch every person.
I was wondering what will be revealed in this autobiography of this person, the reason I love to read autobiographies is that you get an insight in to their life normally not seen by other people. As I open the first page I was immediately drawn into the life of Myckell Williams. 




_______________________________________________________________


I received my very own print books from the author, which was no small thing, since I live in South Africa and the author in America. I was really blessed to getting to know this lady which brought us this Christian series. It has to be read in consecutive order. Although fiction I thought it good to place it here as well, since you need to know the Bible to understand and fully grasp the principles she is talking about.

Bella Maura



Justice Quinn



Mason Micheal


__________________________________________________________________


The next book I can recommend is "In the name of the Son and daughter", not very well known I know but worthy to be mentioned and read. The purpose of this book is to provide better understanding and awareness of abuse and the effects on children. The information includes useful data pertaining to healing from abuse. To learn more click on the link.



___________________________________________________________

I will let the author speak on this book. But I was deeply touched, that's for sure. I can recommend this book to all readers, especially if you love children.

I Didn't Know - Identifying, Confronting & Overcoming Child Sexual Abuse - the title is indicative of the subject matter. In this book the author brings to the forefront the many faces of child sexual abuse; those of the victims and the abusers. Yvette Allen-Tatum boldly confronts her past of child sexual abuse to demonstrate that TRUE deliverance is possible. Yvette believes that we ALL (victims, abusers, enablers, nay-sayers, etc.) can OVERCOME the horrible effects of child sexual abuse.

This book proves that true healing is possible and necessary for us to become more than CONQUERORS through Christ Jesus. 



____________________________________________________

After learning that her autistic daughter Megan had been abused at the hands of her own brother, Kate Rose spent years trying to cope with her family's tragedy. She nearly gave up hope when the justice system refused to protect her daughter and was exhausted at the long, drawn-out trial that seemed to go nowhere. 
This was a touching story of one mother's fight against a system that refused to believe her, saving her daughter from her own family.



____________________________________________________________

Powerful Prayer to protect and bless your family



__________________________________________________________

This book was recommended to me by a friend, and I thought it a good idea to add it here as well. It encourages, inspire and helps you to form a clear picture of your own personal struggles.

The Invitation



_____________________________________________________________

And, I can not end this post without mentioning this book.
My grandson and daughter reviewed this book for me and it received lots of attention on this blog.



_____________________________________________________________

For more books on other blog hoppers follow the link

                                      Best of Books

2 comments:

  1. Love your list and thanks for joining the bloghop. Have a wonderful New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Diane, and thank you. A Blessed and prosperous 2014 to you as well.

      Delete

Book Review: Juror Number Ten by Caroline Taylor

Genre: Thriller/romantic suspense Bio:  Caroline Taylor is a novelist and short-story writer who grew up in the mountain west and traveled...