Thursday, May 23, 2013

Interview with Dorine White about her New Release The Emerald Ring





1.       Where did the idea come from for the book? 
      I have always had a love of Ancient cultures, plus my favourite reads are fantasy books. I thought putting the two together would be a great idea.
2.       What genre does your book fall under? 
       The Emerald Ring is a middle grade fantasy books. It is perfect for ages 8 and up.
3.       Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? 
       I actually don’t have a clue. The main character is part Hispanic and 12 years old. I’d have to search recent movies for children actors.
4.       What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? 
      A magical emerald ring that once belong to Cleopatra, becomes stuck on 12 year old Sara Bogus’ finger, too bad an evil Roman cult will stop at nothing to get it.
5.       Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? 
       LOL. Neither. I do not have an agent, but the book is being published by a small press, Cedar Fort Inc. They publish over 140 books a year, so I’m pretty excited with their experience.
     6.       How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 
     The first draft took me 3 months. Then I put it away for a year. When I came back to it I spent just over a year doing edits before sending it out to agents and publishers. Then more time as I got advice back.
      7.       What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?  
      I can happily say it stands pretty much alone, and fills a niche in the upper middle grade area. There are several younger middle grade books such as, The Deltora Quest series and The Secrets of Droon series that are similar.
8.       Who or What inspired you to write this book? 
      I have always loved to write. When I was a kid I would write books for my parents. They have always been huge supporters of my writing. I wrote the book because I had to get the story down on paper. One an idea begins in my mind; I keep fleshing it out until I write.
9.       What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? 
       This book has a lot of fun action and adventure. Sara and her two friends, Heidi and Kainu, take on the Roman cult member head to head. My favourite parts are of course when Sara has visions of Ancient Egypt and Cleopatra. I had so much fun researching and then turning that information into setting and plot. Kids and adults will love it.

Blurb
Sara Bogus's life turns upside down when she discovers an emerald ring that once belonged to Cleopatra. The fun of discovering the ring's unique abilities turns to fear when she finds out a dangerous cult bent on restoring Rome to power is after the ring. Forced to choose between keeping the ring and saving her friends, Sara learns the price of bravery in this electrifying read!

Buy Links


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Juror Number Ten by Caroline Taylor

Genre: Thriller/romantic suspense Bio:  Caroline Taylor is a novelist and short-story writer who grew up in the mountain west and traveled...