Wednesday, October 15, 2014

5 Star review The Greatest Salesman in the World by Og Mandino.


Since 2010, my life has changed dramatically. One of the changes was to be without an income for such a long time that it has drained the life out of me. I was a person without a dream or destiny, with nothing to call my own. I avoided life and became a recluse, sheltering myself from any possible pain. When I started with my writing it aloud me to be creative and tell my story within a story. Because of this I had to reconnect with people. However, I still needed a serious income, especially after I found myself alone.

I searched the net, always looking for new opportunities. I have send out my CV to every possible recommendation I could find—on every job seeking site I could find, to support myself, but nothing happened with that. I remained broke. Many had given me all kinds of excuses of why not, and I must admit I believed it myself for awhile. But, I refused to lie down and feel sorry for myself. I came to a place where I was fed-up with all the excuses, the lack of money, not having any control over my own life, and I so wanted that back, desperately. 
 
Recently, I became part of a unique group of people that are filled with a driven purpose, real passion and boundless energy as they go about the task of helping others to achieve their dreams.
Because I realized that I would not be able to achieve my own dreams in the traditional way, and needed the extra income; I joined. The people are very supportive; helping you to reach what you think is the impossible. Not only do you become part of this team, but you can feed children while reaching your own dreams and live the life you were meant to live.


One of the books they recommended to me that I had to read was this book by Og Mandino. 
The Greatest Salesman in the World.



What you are today is not important... for in this  runaway bestseller you will learn how to change  your life by applying the secrets you are about to  discover in the ancient scrolls.

About this author                                                                                 
Og Mandino
Augustine "Og" Mandino II (December 12, 1923 – September 3, 1996) was an American author. He wrote the bestselling book The Greatest Salesman in the World. His books have sold over 50 million copies and have been translated into over twenty-five different languages. He was the president of Success Unlimited magazine until 1976 and is an inductee of the National Speakers Association's Hall Of Fame.

Mandino was born December 12, 1923. According to the 1930 U.S. Census, he was named after his paternal grandfather.

Mandino was once the editor of a high school paper and planned to attend the University of Missouri's journalism school. But in the summer of 1940, before Mandino was able to enter college, his mother died suddenly from a massive heart attack. This happened while Mandino's mother was in the kitchen preparing his lunch. After the incident, Mandino decided to work in a paper factory until 1942. Afterwards, Mandino joined the United States Army Air Corps where he became a military officer and a bombardier. He flew for thirty bombing missions over Germany on board a B-24 Liberator during World War II. It was also during this time that Mandino flew with fellow pilot and movie star, James Stewart. Mandino kept a personalized 8 X 10 photograph of Stewart. This photograph hung on the wall of his home office where he wrote his books.

After his military duties, Mandino discovered that many companies were not hiring many former bomber pilots. As a result, he became an insurance salesman. Traveling on the road and sitting in bars at night, Mandino became an alcoholic. He was unable to keep a job. As a result, Mandino's wife, together with their only child, left him. One wintry November morning in Cleveland, Mandino almost tried to commit suicide. But as he sorted through several books in a library, volumes of self-help, success and motivation books captured Mandino's attention. He selected some titles, went to a table and began reading. Mandino followed his visit to the library with more visits to many other libraries around the United States. He read hundreds of books that dealt with success, a pastime that helped him alleviate his alcoholism. It was in a library in Concord, New Hampshire, where he found W. Clement Stone's classic, Success Through a Positive Mental Attitude, a book that changed Mandino for the better.

Mandino eventually became a successful writer. His works were inspired by the Bible and influenced by Napoleon Hill, W. Clement Stone, and Emmet Fox.(less)


Amazon.com Review

The Greatest Salesman in the World is a tiny book, and it is a treasure. First published in 1968, Og Mandino's classic remains an invaluable guide to a philosophy of salesmanship. Mandino's clear, simple writing style supports his purpose: to make the principles of sales known to a wide audience. A parable set in the time just prior to Christianity, The Greatest Salesman in the World weaves mythology with spirituality into a much needed message of inspiration in this culture of self-promotion. Mandino believes that to be a good salesperson, you must believe in yourself and the work you are doing. It is a simple but profound spiritual philosophy about how to succeed in the world's marketplace, easily understood and easy to take to heart. --Jodie Buller
 


 
My 5 Star Review

I have heard so many positive things about this book that I had to get it and read for myself. Well, at the end I only could get the audio book, my first I may add. I was not disappointed. The short 7 to 6 minutes of chapters were filled with emotion so that I really could capture the person's heart while reading from the book.
There were so many things that captured my attention within the scrolls. It is a book that I would go back to often, it just builds you up, inspires you to move forward and forget the past. Urging you to be a better person than you were, and challenging you on so many levels of your life.
Really a must read for all who wants to excel in their life. 

And in case you are wondering about the group of people I have joined, it would be Mannatech
They are already in over twenty countries and trade under Mtex on the Nasdec.
So now I have a new title to add to my list: Entrepreneur.
Sounds good hey.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: Juror Number Ten by Caroline Taylor

Genre: Thriller/romantic suspense Bio:  Caroline Taylor is a novelist and short-story writer who grew up in the mountain west and traveled...