At twenty-seven Erin Decker has the perfect life; a thriving career, a dream home she shares with her best friend Noelle, and a secure relationship with Robert, her handsome and faithful boyfriend. Or so she thinks.
When her visions of a marriage proposal are met with the ultimate betrayal, Erin finds herself in the arms of sexy and strong-willed distraction, Walker Prescott.
Her summer becomes life changing as she realizes Walker has left her with a tiny piece of himself and no way to find him…until he suddenly shows up and turns her world upside down.
Can she let go of her past to make way for a future she never saw coming?
Can Walker be exactly what Erin needs?
Will he give her the perfect life she so desperately craves in the most unexpected way?
My body isn’t used to this much alcohol. The few glasses of wine I normally drink don’t have me in the middle of a dance “orgy” without remembering how I got there. Sweat is dripping down my neck and tickling the space between my breasts. After the third round of drinks, bought by three different men just wanting to get in my pants, I feel relaxed yet out of control. Noelle is nowhere to be found and in my drunken state I’m not even the least bit concerned about it. The music has taken over my body and I can feel myself letting go of all the stress and anxiety that Robert has caused me. I don’t care who is watching because at this moment I feel like the sexiest person in here.
With my eyes closed I rub my hands along my hips all the way to my hair, pulling it off my neck into a makeshift ponytail. The beat of the music moves through me like an electric wave. When a cool puff of air passes over the back of my neck it feels like water in the Sahara. Larger hands than I’ve ever felt before unexpectedly come around my waist and pull me back into a rock hard chest. My breathing becomes more ragged as the mystery man whispers in my ear.
“Are you hot, baby?” He asks, his hot breath sending shivers down my spine.
My senses are on high alert and despite the fact that I haven’t a clue what he looks like, those four words turn me on instantly. If his voice can do that to me I’d love to see what his enormous hands are capable of. Our bodies connect and sway to the music as his mouth continues to hover just above my shoulder causing tingles to radiate through my body. I can feel his lips grazing the crease of my neck and when he nips my skin my knees go weak. My head falls back involuntarily giving him more access to continue his sensual assault. He smells delicious, and the soft suctioning kisses he places up my neck cause me to moan in anticipation. I have to see the man who is releasing all my inhibitions.
Reluctantly I turn my heated body around feeling the loss of his soft lips, but what I’m rewarded with is a vision of godliness. Standing at what appears to be well over six feet tall is the most panty-dropping specimen that I have ever laid my eyes upon. I should have turned around sooner! His plain black t-shirt hugs every single slender muscle in his sexy ass arms. The faded blue jeans he wears are snug, even more so where his zipper lies, showing me how much he is turned on. His dark brown hair is a styled mess; short on the sides but longer up top. I can’t help but wonder what it would feel like to grab hold of it and tug. Hard. A grin flashes across his face, as if he’s read my mind, and I see a hint of just one dimple on the right side of his mouth. His green eyes appear hungry as they shamelessly take me in from my toes to my own starving eyes. I swallow hard and try to catch my breath.
“I thought you looked good from behind but damn if you don’t look heavenly from this angle,” he says loudly, over the music.
He grabs both of my hands, circling them around his neck. With our height difference my forehead falls into his chest perfectly, as if we are two pieces of a puzzle. I try to control my breathing; the alcohol is coursing through my veins now. Freeing my hands from their hold, they find their way down and softly graze over his pecs and then the ripple of his abs. They falter as they come in contact with not a six pack but, a …1,2,3,… eight pack! I see his chest rising and falling rapidly. I think he must be as turned on by me as I am by him. Impossible.
Amy Marie was born and raised in the suburbs of Chicago and now resides in Virginia Beach with her fantastically crazy husband and two kids.
As an avid reader, she never dreamed of writing her own novel until the characters started haunting her at night and in the shower. Wanting to get it down on paper she set off on a journey that has been more than she could have ever dreamed.
When not writing, she can be found carting her kids around, breaking up their fights, cleaning up messes, teaching Zumba, or reading.
AUTHOR MEDIA SITES:
1. Where did the idea come from for the book? It actually came to me leaving the gym one day. It just all the sudden consumed me wondering what someone would do in
situation. She was dealt a crappy deal
and I just felt like the story was different than those I read and I wanted to
work it through. Being my debut novel I never thought that I would actually
publish it but I am so glad I did! The response I’m getting is blowing me away.
2. What genre does your book fall under? Contemporary Romance. It’s 20 somethings dealing with life.
3. Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition? This is a hard question because I have an idea of what Walker and Erin look like and I am never happy with who comes to mind. If I absolutely had to choose I would pick Ryan Reynolds for Walker and maybe Emily Blunt for
Erin. Like I said, as an author you have a vision
of what they look like in your head but nothing ever comes close!
4. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book? A heartbroken Erin learns to love and trust after betrayal and embraces all the unexpected things that life has to offer, giving her what she didn’t know she needed.
5. Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Self-published
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript? 5 months.
7. What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? That’s a hard question. I think it’s a combination of the betrayal from Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover and the unconditional, relentless, love that Travis has for Abby in Beautiful Disaster.
8. Who or What inspired you to write this book? Honestly, I was inspired after going to Naughty Mafia in Vegas last year...all of the books I read before I attended sparked something in me and I wanted to write. It’s an outlet and it lets my creative side out.
9. What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? They will love how relatable the characters are and how real to life the story is. We’ve all had our hearts broken and we all have done things that we regret but sometimes those lead to what we didn’t know we wanted. One night can change your entire life. The book has no cliff hanger but makes you salivate for book two, Undone, coming out in Oct/Nov 2014.
BLOG TOUR HOSTED BY: