Launch date is Nov 19, 2013
Early bird special of 20% discount on
membership to join.
And 10% discount on membership for the first month.
For newbie authors, or seasoned authors releasing a new novel, exposure is an important tool in attracting new readers to your novel. Indicated was created with this purpose in mind, and brings together independent and small press authors to promote and support each other.
The main feature of the site is a ‘pay it forward’ system where certain novels in select genres will be spotlighted (featured) each month, and eligible to receive support (multiple reviews, sales, promotion and possible inclusion in library catalogues around the world - all of which broadens the book's exposure to more readers). Other members will be required to support others to get their book(s) spotlighted.
Indicated will also promote member’s novels through cover reveals, author interviews and guest posts, as well as member's upcoming events like book launches or book signings. The site features a library of information on promotion and marketing material, a database of publishing industry professionals who can help with different stages of novel publishing and a blog to keep members updated on industry news and trends.
This is my first time that I would review a site, giving input and speaking directly to the creator of the site Louisa Clarkson. What a wonderful lady. Sharp and witty and she knows what she wants. Great to work with someone who has a passion for the industry. When mailing her during the review process she was always quick to respond and very professional.
You can follow her on Twitter @Ind1cated and on Facebook
Here are my thoughts on the site.
5 Stars if it was on Amazon
- Sign up was quick and easy.
- Upload of my Avatar had no problems.
- The upload of the cover pic was quick. I really appreciated the quick response from the site.
- Read the membership fee requirements. I think it is reasonable and will keep the standard up to par.
- The site is easy to navigate with no hidden agendas.
- The rules of the reviews I agree with. If only every one understand this **smile**.
- I love the spotlight section, meaning every book has a change to be noticed and would receive the support needed in this industry.
- No frills, just a site that wants to promote and support authors the best they could, with the help of equally dedicated authors.
Thanks for the opportunity Louisa, and I wish you all the best with this new season in your life.