Tuesday, January 22, 2013

First Liebster Blog Award Nomination!




Stunned! When I opened my mail yesterday and find this comment on my blog. My first.
I was just nominated for the Liebster Blog Award. Now when I got the notification it prompted me to see what it was all about. Liebster is German for favorite and is a way for bloggers who have a low following (less than 200) to connect and get their blog out there. Word to the wise: It really is just a networking tool and not only a way to gain followers. 

I was nominated by  Engelia at Time 2 Blog. Thank you!  


Here are the rules as I know them.

1.Tell 11 things about yourself.
2.Answer 11 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
3.Post 11 questions for those who will be nominated by you.
4.Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
5.Get in contact with those 11 bloggers in order to inform them that you nominated them.

6. Link back to the blogger who nominated you.




1. 11 Things about myself

  • I am married for the last 28 years
  • Have three children in their twenties, one grand child
  • I have a dry sense of humor, either you get me or you miss out
  • I am extremely committed and a hard worker
  • Quit does not appear in my vocabulary
  • Good listener and observer
  • Always ready for a challenge
  • I Love to read a good suspense novel, Konsalik my all time favorite
  • I am creative, enjoying the world of books and what it offers
  • Love to meet new people
  • I am not a big talker
2. Questions from Engelia

1. What was your most frustrating moment in life thus far?
My slow computer that could not keep up with all my demands. In slow motion with every command I gave him and I wanted to scream. Yes you guess it almost no patience. My husband the ever patient one has come to my rescue and fixed it. So now my PC and I are best buddies again.

2. What is your greatest childhood memory?

O this is a easy question. I was at a tender age of fourteen at the time and as always we went on holidays to my grand parents in Kanoneiland. Now for those who does not know it is a one horse town in the middle of the Kalahari, about 40 km from Upington in the Northern Cape. One of the hottest places in South Africa. As the saying goes "There is only a wired fence between hell and that place" 
But a lovely place with lots to do if you know what to look for. 
Now in that year I turned fourteen Kanoneiland received electricity for the first time. A buzz went all over town and my grand mother wanted us to drive out on the road, come back and see the lights of the one road litted town. When my father did as she asked we went out on the road, drove about  2 km out of town and turned around. It was a beautiful starry night, pitch black with night critters all around you the only sound to break the silence.
The awe on my grand mother's face was memorable. I was transfixed on her lovely face almost flushed with excitement as she pointed towards the small line of lights, exclaiming the wonder of electricity in her life and what it meant for her and the small town. 
I have told this story many times to my own children. The pure joy of a woman in her late seventies still remind me of the simplicity of life and how we still can enjoy such an awe struck experience. 

3. What is your favorite place to be?

Western Cape, with it's picturesque mountains, openness and wide cold blue ocean.

4. What is your biggest pet peeve?

Brutally honest

5.Do you believe in luck?

I believe in working hard to eat the fruit of your labor. Luck in the grant scale of things has little to do with it. Hard work, determination and confidence are the building blocks of anything you want to do and what counts the most.

6.Have you ever cheated on or at something?

I have never cheated, it is the evidence of a low self esteem

7.Why do you blog or read? 

I love to read. Blogging is something I take day by day. Appreciating the open communication between myself and authors number one and readers number two. Seeing the result of marketing and reaping the benefits of it.

8.Has love ever passed you by?

No

9.What is your greatest fear?

To make the same mistakes as before, trusting wrong people, allowing them to hurt me leaving me numb at the end.

10.Name two things on your bucket list.

I always loved horses, always wanted to learn to ride them. The reason I can indulge in a good western. So this year I am planning on accomplishing it.
To see much more of my country.

11.In your field, name an accomplishment. Shout it from the rooftops!!

Published my first book: A Pirate's Wife




3. Blogs I nominate
    1. You may say I'm a Dreamer
    2. Lost to Books
    3. Rainy Day Reads
    4. It is Time to read Mamaw
    5. Insomnia of Books
    6. The Book Galaxy
    7. Coffee Break
    8. Because my Momma says so
    9. Book Blast Promotions 
   10. Girl in the Woods
   11. Dawn and Winnie Book reviews


4. 11 questions for those who are nominated by me.

11.1 Describe your blogging experience in one sentence.
11.2 A word of wisdom for fellow bloggers
11.3 What is the negative side of Blogging?
11.4 What is your favorite genre and why?
11.5 When searching for a good book what attracts you first?
11.6 Favorite character, male or female?
11.7 If you could ask your favorite character anything, what would it be?
11.8 Your favorite author?
11.9 Your thoughts in regards to Selfpublishing and Published Houses.
11.10 What is your newest project?
11.11 Name two things on your bucket list.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Lynelle! It's the 3rd time I've been nominated so I've added my answers to your questions on the previous post here: http://losttobooks.blogspot.com/2013/01/liebster-blog-award.html

    All the best
    Sienna

    ReplyDelete

Book Review: Juror Number Ten by Caroline Taylor

Genre: Thriller/romantic suspense Bio:  Caroline Taylor is a novelist and short-story writer who grew up in the mountain west and traveled...